I’m back!

After a great week in the sun I arrived home last Friday. God is faithful and answered my prayer. If the financial aid comes in, and I am accepted to the school, I will be attending California Baptist University next fall. I couldn’t be more surprised at my choice. CBU was at the very bottom of my list, but you know the curveballs God likes to throw in to life when we think we “know it all”. CBU really fit me as a person, and I’m excited about the Christian worldview, but the fact that the student population is diversewith just 75% professing Christians. The other 25% varies in their religious views.

In other news, I chatted with a friend the other day. We are the two older girls in my youth group who aren’t dating. She likes to call us “single”. I don’t think single applies till we’re in college. We are struggling together over being different. I don’t think it’s a “sin” to date in highschool (as long as you stay pure in the reationship) but it’s just not for me. I want to spend my 4 years pursuing Jesus not some dude.

Any advice from other ladies who’ve been where we are and know what we’re going through? Any advice from people who chose TO date in highschool and how that effected your future? I keep sticking to my ideals, waiting for my man, knowing God has a plan, and praying for patience.

CBU has an Army ROTC program.

 

Did I ever mention I love guys in uniform??

Advertisements

September 15, 2008. Lessons from God.

2 Comments

  1. Kirsten Erin replied:

    I can’t say I’ve been where you are… more like I am where you are!
    I’ve chosen not to date until I get out of high school as well. These years are complicated enough without trying to squeeze in a boyfriend. And I don’t want to give away my heart to just anyone.
    Most of my close friends are single as well, though some of them are or have been dating.
    Alot of people don’t understand, but it really doesn’t matter what you think. They don’t understand alot of my decisions… such as dressing modestly, or not kissing until I’m engaged.
    God has a different path for everyone and your decision to glorify the Lord and His choice for you is something He treasures. Don’t give up, because He’s worth more than anything this world can offer- including guys! 😀

  2. Madison replied:

    Hey Anna!
    Its Madison from the Puppy raising Circle! I thought I would shout out to you and tell you I too made that decision and there are only a select few in my YG who have….if any!

    I’m enjoying the only men in my life as God and my little boy pups! 🙂
    Madison
    “Not kissing till my Wedding day!”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: